WHO ARE WE?
The Young Promoters Network (YPN) was formed in 2010 and is part of the SONIG Youth Music Industry programme, delivered by Rhondda Cynon Taff (RCT) County Borough Council's Cultural Services. The current network consists of young people, residing in RCT, who are aged between 14-25, with the ambition to create live music events and in the process, promote young emerging acts.
The YPN's current success has been driven by a passion for live music from young people who are intent on making a positive difference to their area. At present the YPN currently has produced young people who have since gone on to work for Orchard Entertainment, Sound Nation, Live Nation, Showsec, Green Man Festival, Swn Festival & many more!
The YPN is a flagship project for the SONIG youth music programme which is driven by young people from inception to its existence today. This means that all outcomes are determined by the young people's actions and ideas. The unique nature of the project has unearthed lots of new opportunities for young people whilst empowering them in the process. The YPN has helped build and restore confidence, provided career pathways into the sector, a live platforms, and instils a sense of good practise for all members.
The project has been hallmarked as innovative and collaborative by its very nature; there is no model like it which targets young people in Wales. The enthusiasm and interaction of young people has encouraged its growth. The project is both creative and reactive to its locality - in turn contributing to the growth of the music industry in South Wales. The project up-skills young people and develops transferable skills in individuals; provides platforms for young emerging talent; and encourages networking opportunities across the region.
WHAT WE AIM TO DO
- To empower young people in RCT, by providing them with a new skill-set; building confidence
- Increasing the opportunities within the live music sector for young people
Experientially, participants learn what it will take to forge careers within this field of the Creative Industries from a hands-on approach.
The YPN offers young people a wide range learning through
- Bespoke workshops; which range all the way from technical production to PR & Media.
- Industry-related seminars, from established and recognised industry names.
- New networking opportunities, to meet and collaborate with other like-minded individuals.
- Identifying platforms for emerging talent, to help ensure they can reach their potential.
- Identifying career pathways and progression routes to gain their first footsteps within the industry.
- Opportunities to perform at our shows